Politico had a headline today announcing their top 10 questions of the year 2011. Of course, I understand Politico specializes in crude political gossip, as well as the day to day jostling at the capital. But, nothing on the list registered as really significant in the big picture.
I seriously doubt former Vice-President Cheney’s book will be a powerful revelation that will change anything. One of Politico’s questions. Does Mrs. Palin’s candidacy for President make much difference ? I could be wrong, but I doubt it. This was another question.
But, thereare important questions to be sure. As an example:
1. Will the Congress continue to flaunt the dignity of the people by not establishing meaningful campaign laws to remove blatant corruption ?
2. Basic items , such as food and gasoline are reaching prices that are becoming unreachable for many. Any solutions ?
3. Will Congress continue to raise the debt limit in the spring ?
4. Both wealth and income are polarizing. How will this be reversed to preserve the middle class ?
5. The economy for basic services has been contracting for a long time. We have an economy of oligopolies. How will that problem be fixed in 2011 ?
I could go on and on with political questions ? But, Politico’s questions don’t seem to make much difference or have relevance.