Embarrassing! The President goes to Notre Dame looking for a compromise on abortion. So embarrassing and depressing to think you can consider abortion as you might an aproporations bill or energy policy. When you say common ground you are ceding some value to an opposing viewpoint.
Abortion, as practiced in America is birth control. Nobody should think of anything but birth control. Abortion for the health and life of the mother is 6%. Rape is 1% and incest is a half of a %. After that it is birth control for the most part. After that, it has been the taking of approximately 50 million babies.
How is the cause of saving babies to be compromised? Does he mean to sit an arbitrary limit on how many babies are stuffed out. I’m with one of the President’s opposing speakers at Notre Dame when he said abortion is wicked.
It should be kept in mind that many, if not most, politicians like compromise, even when compromise is untenable. Job security is threatened when you must decide between two immovable positions, or have any ideological turmoil. Politicians like it quiet and dark, where they can do their devious work undisturbed.
The President told Planned Parenthood in the campaign that he was ready to move on abortion rights. Others are ready to move too, as evidenced by a new Gallop poll, as recent as last Friday, which said abortion opposition is growing. Now, 51% are pro-life and 42% are pro-choice.
Common ground on abortion? The common ground starts when 93% or more of abortions can no longer happen. We can negotiate on the other 7%.
Leave a Reply.